Oakwood Creative Care: The mission of Oakwood Creative Care "Clubs" is to enhance the quality of life and spark joy in older adults with cognitive and physical challenges through expressive art workshops, fitness, history classes, storytelling, music, dance and wellness including: nursing oversight, personal care assistance, medication support, nutrition counseling, support groups, and education.
Our Culture |Values: We exist to make a difference and have fun doing it. We believe in creating and sharing joy. With a “coaching” leadership style, we practice open and real communication and we constantly innovate and take risks to achieve our mission.
Position Summary: The Expressive Teacher uses their unique art form, talents, and interests such as visual art, woodworking, music, dance, theater, storytelling, poetry, creative writing, history, etc. to create and facilitate interactive and instruction-based classes to develop interpersonal skills, reduce depression, increase self-esteem and self-awareness , and enhance cognitive, social and physical abilities in older adults experiencing cognitive and physical challenges.
· Develop and teach “classes” that align with your unique art forms, talents and interests
· Encourage members to acquire new skills and become engaged by redirecting and scaling classes to best meet individual needs
· Participate in the development of care plans and progress notes
· Provide restroom assistance ranging from verbal cueing to physical support
· Provide showers
· Encourage and help members transition from class to class throughout the day
· Greet and assist members upon arrival/departure
· Assist in preparing and serving lunch/snacks
• Talents, Passions, or Interests in one or more areas such as: Visual Art, Woodworking, Music, Dance, Theater, Storytelling, Poetry, History, etc.
• The passion and ability to teach others in a group and individual setting
• A contagious interactive and charismatic personality
• Positive interpersonal and communication skills
• Organizational and self-management skills to effectively handle multiple responsibilities
• Strong planning, execution and problem- solving skills
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Must have current DPS clearance and pass a background check
Your application was submitted successfully.